British Born American

British Born American
I can't wait to reach my dream...

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Gothic Princess Story...

So just for kicks, I figured I would upload a chapter of a short story that I'm working. Actually it's not really not a short story, it's more of a novella. Anyway, it's the first story that I've written placed in the Middle Ages. And I'm not a historian so some of the things I put in there may not be historically correct...but hey, there's always editing right!
So I, Wynter Page, present the first chapter of "Tale Of A Gothic Princess"


Prologue

Purple, red, black and blue.
They're all just colors.
But they're more than that
If all you've seen is gray.

A purpleless sunrise.
A redless bleed.
A blackless night
Over a blueless ocean.

A gray life she lives,
With all light cast off.
The light died with love,
Which fell with her smile.

Death killed the smile.
Death is the gray.



Part One

The giant curtain was drawn back.
The little old maid fought with the drape, in spite of her rough muscles. Her plump figure jerked it until piercing sunlight invaded the bedchamber. It flooded the stone floors that were dressed with equisite rugs and furniture.
Only one spot in the room remained dark and shadowed.
The giant four-post bed in the middle of the room, covered over with a black lace canopy, hid the gray soul sleeping inside.
"Ms. Castalia, the day is young." the maid walked over to the bed and gently pulled a part of the canopy back to peer inside.
Even with the slight burst of sun that was able to get inside, the bed was still dark and shadowed, it was difficult for the maid to make anything out. But within a few minutes, she could see the small figure of the soul hiding under the thick covers and smushed between the numerous feather pillows.
"Ms. Castalia?" the maid's voice softer this time. She reached and gently nudged the covers covering the legs.
The figure moved just a little, away from the maid's hand, and deeper under the blankets.
"Ms. Castalia, you can't slumber in the dark all day long!" the maid nudged the covers again.
The figure moved even farther away and the maid groaned in frustration. "For heaven's sake! Go ahead and sleep your life away then if it pleases you!" the maid let go of the canopy and groaned again as she bent over to pick up abandoned petticoats and a gown.
"But I won't be the one to explain to your father why his daughter has become inexistent." the maid gave one last try as she stood at the chamber door.
Silence was the answer and so the giant door was closed and the room was left in deafning silence.

                                                                        ***

So yes, this was inspired by Narnia. Don't judge me.
And I kind of based this off a story I found on the Internet like two years ago, I ended up sloppily scribbling it into my journal.
Post your opinions about it please!
I'm dying for foreign opinions and possible improvement!

xoxo-Wynter!


No comments:

Post a Comment